Dear
theferrett,
I know you don't usually read my LJ (and no don't apologize, I couldn't read some 2000+ friends either!!), but I did have a question. So rather than spam your comments with it - I figured I'd post it here and just give you a link.
I know you and Gini have been doing this a lot longer than I have so maybe you can explain this. What the fuck is up with my body???? It's the running. I don't get it. I HATE running, I've hated running with a passion as long as I can remember. So I started walking instead (1 yr - 60 lbs gone - up to 10k per walk), and it's been good. I like walking. Walking feels nice. Running hurts, it's bad on my knees (with a family history of bad knees I'd like to be kind to them), it's not good for my arthritic ankles, and it doesn't burn one calorie more than a brisk walk the same time/distance.
So I don't get it.
My body is demanding I run. Like a race horse out of the gate, I can feel it well up in my chest. Gotta run. My legs start moving in that distinctly different pattern - I'm not going any FASTER than I was walking, but I'm running. Pounding pavement. I hate running. But my body seems to be insisting on it. Of my 10k walk I'm not running more than 1k of it, in 3 or 4 segments, but already my brain is planning how we're gonna join those segments up and maybe next year I'll be able to run the Run for the Cure 10k for cancer research.
I don't get it.
What part of diet and exercise left my brain vulnerable to being taken over my jogging loving aliens? And how the HELL do I get rid of em?
Thank you,
Yours Sincerly,
Ocean's Edge
I know you don't usually read my LJ (and no don't apologize, I couldn't read some 2000+ friends either!!), but I did have a question. So rather than spam your comments with it - I figured I'd post it here and just give you a link.
I know you and Gini have been doing this a lot longer than I have so maybe you can explain this. What the fuck is up with my body???? It's the running. I don't get it. I HATE running, I've hated running with a passion as long as I can remember. So I started walking instead (1 yr - 60 lbs gone - up to 10k per walk), and it's been good. I like walking. Walking feels nice. Running hurts, it's bad on my knees (with a family history of bad knees I'd like to be kind to them), it's not good for my arthritic ankles, and it doesn't burn one calorie more than a brisk walk the same time/distance.
So I don't get it.
My body is demanding I run. Like a race horse out of the gate, I can feel it well up in my chest. Gotta run. My legs start moving in that distinctly different pattern - I'm not going any FASTER than I was walking, but I'm running. Pounding pavement. I hate running. But my body seems to be insisting on it. Of my 10k walk I'm not running more than 1k of it, in 3 or 4 segments, but already my brain is planning how we're gonna join those segments up and maybe next year I'll be able to run the Run for the Cure 10k for cancer research.
I don't get it.
What part of diet and exercise left my brain vulnerable to being taken over my jogging loving aliens? And how the HELL do I get rid of em?
Thank you,
Yours Sincerly,
Ocean's Edge

(no subject)
Date: 2005-11-08 03:48 am (UTC)b) Comment-spamming is fine. It's a fact of life in my LJ, and I don't view it as a nuisance.
c) I have no idea why. I run because it's the exercise with the most cardio benefits and the least effort; if I had a swimming pool, I might alternate, but running requires me to have a pair of shoes. As far as your running, I suspect it's impatience; hey, that hill is distant, I should be there. I find myself running to get places now just because I can go there more quickly, which is clearly absurd.
(no subject)
Date: 2005-11-08 08:50 am (UTC)b) I'll remember that
c) Yes, clearly absurd. We're logical, practical, geek type peoples around here, we have no room or place for absurdity!! (she says slowly backing up to use her back to close that closet door).